What information do we collect and how?
- Information you provide to us. For example this might be via the website contact form. We also collect data provided via emails, telephone conversations, face to face discussion, feedback questionnaire or postal correspondence.
- Details of services we carry out for you.
- Information from you social media account but only where you have given us permission to use it, for example, images of our work submitted via Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
Personal identification information
We may collect personal identification information from Users in a variety of ways, including, but not limited to, when Users visit our site, fill out a form, and in connection with other activities, services, features or resources we make available on our Site. Users may be asked for, as appropriate, name, email address, phone number. Users may, however, visit our Site anonymously. We will collect personal identification information from Users only if they voluntarily submit such information to us. Users can always refuse to supply personally identification information, except that it may prevent them from engaging in certain Site related activities.
Non-personal identification information
We may collect non-personal identification information about Users whenever they interact with our Site. Non-personal identification information may include the browser name, the type of computer and technical information about Users means of connection to our Site, such as the operating system and the Internet service providers utilised and other similar information.
How we use collected information
Down to Earth Trees Ltd. may collect and use Users personal information for the following purposes:
- To improve customer service
- Information you provide helps us respond to your customer service requests and support needs more efficiently.
- To improve our Site
- We may use feedback you provide to improve our products and services.
- To send periodic emails
- We may use the email address to respond to their inquiries, questions, and/or other requests.
How do we use your information?
We use the information we collect for the following:
- To provide you with the services included as per our contractual agreement.
- To send you correspondence relating to our services provided to you.
- To reply to any questions, complaints, or queries, and to process refunds.
- To update you on our work and keep you informed.
- To personalise our communications with you.
- To remember your preferences when you visit our website.
- To allow us to better understand our customers.
- To gather statistics about our customers and their opinions so we can improve our services.
- To allow us to maintain our statutory records to fulfil our legal and regulatory obligations and pay our taxes.
- To plan day to day activities e.g crew allocation.
How we protect your information
We adopt appropriate data collection, storage and processing practices and security measures to protect against unauthorized access, alteration, disclosure or destruction of your personal information stored on our Site.
Who do we share data with?
- The police, local authorities or Her Majesty’s Revenue and Customs (HMRC), the courts or any other government body if lawfully requested and where legally obliged to do so.
- Social media – any social media posts you send to us will be shared under the terms of the platform used and could be made public. We do not control these platforms and cannot accept responsibility for your submissions being shared more widely.
- Our accountants, Baker, Britt, Helm will have full access to our client database and will use this information solely for the purposes of preparing annual accounts and processing VAT returns.
- If required, we will share a limited amount of information with our suppliers in order to execute an agreed contract with you. An example of this could be to organise delivery of trees to your address for a tree planting project.
Third party websites
Users may find advertising or other content on our Site that link to the sites and services of our partners, suppliers, advertisers, sponsors, licensors and other third parties. We do not control the content or links that appear on these sites and are not responsible for the practices employed by websites linked to or from our Site. In addition, these sites or services, including their content and links, may be constantly changing. These sites and services may have their own privacy policies and customer service policies. Browsing and interaction on any other website, including websites which have a link to our Site, is subject to that website's own terms and policies.
Your acceptance of these terms
By using this Site, you signify your acceptance of this policy. If you do not agree to this policy, please do not use our Site. Your continued use of the Site following the posting of changes to this policy will be deemed your acceptance of those changes.
"Cookies" are small pieces of information sent by a web server to a web browser, which enables the server to collect information from the browser. You can find out more about the way cookies work on http://www.cookiecentral.com.
Most browsers allow you to turn off the cookie function. If you want to know how to do this please look at the help menu on your browser.
This document was last updated on May 5, 2017